A new look and more

HI!!! Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? I have been a very bad blogger...this is I know. It's been a very rough month for me. My back was horrible at the beginning of the month. Then I had an injection and had the 3 greatest days of my life...I cleaned the house (deep cleaned), the yard and planted my flowers/garden. It was so incredibly wonderful. Then the rain came and undid everything that shot did! Well I don't know if it really did but the effects of it are gone and here I sit in miserable pain again.

I have been creating cards like mad though. You can see them on my other blog (page master designs). I have been having a blast entering contests and trying to build up a supply to sell so that I can afford to give my son money for food when he moves to AZ.

He is really going. It's hard. I cry....but then he leaves a mess somewhere and I smile! lol

The kids have 6 more weeks of school and it can't come fast enough. I love summer vacation. I love just hanging with my kids and doing nothing but sitting in the sun and hanging by the pool.

I have had lots of free time lately...or so it seems. My children have made lots of friends in the neighborhood. I now find myself sitting alone on a Saturday. It's bizarre. I used to be so busy on the weekends, now that they are out playing I have so much more free time. It makes me kind of sad though. They are growing so fast and not needing me as much. They are all becoming independent and soon their friends will be farther than our own backyard. I forgot how little they are home when they are teens. I see a lot of "lonely" days with out them in my future. I have a plan for that though! ;)

I am hoping to go back to school to get my degree in web design and graphic arts. I will be calling Salem State on Monday to get the process going. I have wanted to go back for so long and I think now is the time. I have to do something that is going to let me work from home. My back is very unpredictable and I need to be able to work from here....preferably for myself. My largest issue here is funding...I am sure I qualify for grants, so I will be looking into those and obtaining a laptop. We can't afford a Macbook Pro....which is what I really need for graphic work so I am scrounging and saving, those suckers are expensive.

Tomorrow the kids, Ray and I will head to my Uncle Jim's for his annual Wiffle ball tournament. This is one of the kids favorite days of the summer. They look so forward to it. They spend the day playing with cousins they only see on this day and they swim, ride ponies and just enjoy being outside.

So I am here. I have been spending less time on the computer but I promise I will at least try to upload photos of them.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
me

1 comment:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

Have a great time at Uncle Jim's :) It sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday ;)