It's a GIRL!!!!

No, I am not having a baby....but we did get the next best thing....A DOG! You have no idea what having this cute ball of fur has done for those 3 kids....and Ray and I too.

It was by no means planned (HA! kind of like all our kids!lol). We had talked about it for a while now. I really wanted to get a puppy. The kids begged on a daily basis for a dog. We just don't have $500 - $1,500 to cough up right now for a new puppy....nor do I have the time to train a puppy. They are like newborns and with our hectic schedule it wouldn't have been fair to a puppy. We explained this to the kids over and over again.

Then Fate took over....

We need very specific breeds due to Trevor's asthma. I went off the Asthma Associations recommended list. It came down to 3 a Havanese, a Maltese or a Bichon Frise. I really wanted the Havanese until I found out that they are $2,200 for a puppy! Um yeah...that wasn't happening. Maltese and Bichons are pretty pricey too. So I started looking at mixed breeds. I had finally landed on a Maltese/Bichon Mix. They were still very pricey ranging from $600 - $800. We just couldn't do it.

Monday night Ray was at work. A former employee came walking in with this dog. He had to find her a home. He thought of Ray because he knew we wanted to have a dog. Ray fell in love with her. He e-mailed me a picture...asked me if we could have her..we talked on the phone and 45 minutes later he was driving home with her to surprise the kids.

She is a Maltese/Bichon mix....how bizarre is that? Jimmy had no idea what I was looking at for puppies...nor did Ray for that matter. She is spayed, up-to-date on her shots, she's had a $1,000 worth of allergy testing done. She is in perfect health, she is 5 yrs old and completely trained...tricks and all. She is the most lovable thing I have ever encountered. These two mixes are so super friendly and lovable. They make perfect pets for children, they are always happy and playful and they have HAIR and NOT FUR! Which is why I was researching them.

The best thing of all...She was FREE. Jimmy and his dad were moving. They had 2 dogs..Casper (our sweet baby) and a boxer. Jimmy convinced his dad to keep the boxer so Casper needed a new home. When Ray talked to the dad he told Ray he wanted to keep her because she was such a good dog but that Jimmy had convinced him to keep the other. Jimmy knew we would love her and care for her....and he was right.

She is a dream come true. I am head over heals in love with her. She weighs all of 15 pounds, she is a peanut and she is so, so good! The kids are in HEAVEN. They race through the door to see who can walk her first, who can feed her, who she will lay with, who can pat her and the big one...who's bed will she sleep on!! She is a very pampered pup!

I never realized how much I would love having a dog. I am more of a dog person than a cat person I think. While I love them both...i think I like having a dog more!

So that's it in a nutshell. We are kind of bummed that they shaved her...but hey..it'll grow back...it's hair after all.

CAS (it's really Casper but we all think it's a boys name so we are calling her Cas and she is responding...YEAH!)

So without further ado...Please meet the newest member of our household...

PS: The last photo shows you what she will look like when her hair grows back. They had her clipped 2 weeks ago. :( I can't wait for her to be fluffy again ;)






1 comment:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

Congratulations! She is soooo cute. I can't believe all of those pieces fell into place like that. it was meant to be! Have a great vacation.