It's official....he's moving to Arizona

He did it. They did it. Brenden and Danielle are moving to Arizona August 21st. They flew out yesterday to look for an apartment to help lower the tuition to ASU and they found a place to live by 2:00 today! You can see it here: The Palms of Scotsdale it's beautiful! They got a 2 bedroom. The links show you all around. It's 5 minutes from ASU, 15 minutes from the restaurant that Patrick (Danielle's boyfriend works at) the lease is sitting in front of me faxed and signed. It's official.....and it's bittersweet.

I am so proud of this boy. He set a goal and he has reached it. He has set even bigger ones for himself and he has a plan to attain them. In my wildest dreams, 5 yrs. ago, I would have never thought this possible. He was arrogant, belligerent and lazy kid who refused to apply himself academically . He has always been so smart. It killed me he failed so much at school for lack of trying and now he is just an incredibly bright, loving, kind, sensitive, fun, sharp "kid" that makes the Dean's List every semester and has a brilliant future ahead of himself. I am so proud.

We have been through so much together him and I. At times I thought I botched this whole parenting thing so badly. I thought at times that I was selfish to want to raise him by myself. I would lay awake at night praying that I would do this right; so that he would turn out to be a wonderful, successful young man whom would grow to be a responsible, financially stable adult who could reach for every star he wanted. Today I can confidently say....I did right! I stuck to my guns and I did it right. I raised a good kid....who is a very good, bright young man.

So while I sit here crying and trying to come up with the strength to watch him go. While I make a million lists in my head for everything he will need to start out on his own....I do it all knowing in my heart of hearts in the end he will be ok. That he had a good, solid foundation, and he knows that he can ALWAYS come home, but most of all, I know he will leave this house knowing how very proud I am of him and how very much he is loved.

Here he comes world....it ought to be a wild ride! :) (say a prayer for his momma)

No comments: