little of this and a little of that

So the injections sucked! sorry I don't have a better word. I am guessing I got an inexperienced "fellowship" dude. He was nice but his skills were lacking. That is the downside of going to Mass General. They are a teaching hospital so all the "real" Dr.s stand aside while the interns and fellowship people do their work....think Grey's Anatomy here. While the xray shows where the needle goes and while it might look good on screen I can tell when it's not in the right place. I kept telling them it wasn't right. I was having major leg pain and I am not supposed to have leg pain. It hasn't gone away yet.

My knee and ankle on my left side have been swollen and I have more pain in my leg than usual. I am still having a hard time sitting, driving is the pits and walking...well that's never really good anyway. I go back in 4 weeks for the right side...hopefully, this dude will be off.

On a good note....I saw a Psychiatrist yesterday. She was awesome and she is mostly the head of a med clinic. I have been asking for Cymbalta for a while now from my regular Dr. He was concerned about mixing my meds so I saw this lady. Cymbalta is normally used for patients with Fibromyalgia. It's used to treat depression too. We are trying to piggy back another med with my regular meds to keep that "i wanna cry all day" feeling away. So please pray it works for me. That it doesn't make me sick and it relieves a little bit of my pain.

Onto other things.....Trevor has been battling swimmer's ear since the end of July. First we got drops, then 3 weeks later an antibiotic and were told he had "strep ear", then on Sept. 2nd his nose and his ears started bleeding....a few times a day. I brought him in. I was told he had a sinus infection and his ears were a mess. (TMI coming) he had thick gobs of this nasty smelling puss just oozing out his ears. I would spend an hour a night just trying to clear what was blocking his ear canals. Along with puss, there was blood and gobs of black ickiness. It was disgusting to say the least. So he was put on a 3rd antibiotic and more ear drops, they also cultured his ear. Two days ago he walked past me and his ear was cracked and bloody and pack full of puss again. I went to scoop a little out and it was a yellowish green. I called the Dr. I told them what was going on again and asked if his cultures came back.....they did that morning....he has a STAFF INFECTION and MOLD growing in his ears. So I panic. MOLD? Trevor is deathly allergic to mold. They wanted me to call an ENT first thing Friday morning. I did.

We saw the ENT at 11:00 yesterday. He took one look and looked at me and said "I can fix it but they are a mess and it's going to hurt a little". Poor guy. He has been through so much already. So they "vacuumed" his ears out. The right ear wasn't too bad but the left (where the swimmers ear originated) was horrible. Poor Trev squeezed my hand and fought those tears. It took a long time. When he finally got past the opening he stopped and told us that the ear canal was completely inflamed and totally raw. He said that it had been infected and moist for so long it was going to take some time to heal. Then he sprayed a powder antibiotic in his ears. The plus side....Trevor can hear again! :)

So, we go back in 2 weeks and do the whole procedure over again. Why do my kids get all the bizarre stuff? Mold in ears? Whoever heard of that?

School is good this far. I took Brycen shopping last night and he did admit that it's very stressful. He's not used to changing classes all the time, he's with a lot of different kids and new teachers. It's a transition year and I expected this. I just need to hold him together until October when he starts counseling again. I have another major fight on my hands with the school. Unknown to me, Brycen was supposed to be trained all summer long on his assisted technology (voice activated computer) I had been fighting with them all last year to start the training and to get the program in. No one told me that they were given special permission for testing. His SPED teacher called me 3 days ago and asked me how it went. I was livid. Livid that no one told me....I could have been pressing the issue, livid that no one called us...isn't that their job? So I think they have been given enough rope to hang themselves...I may give them just a little more for reassurance. Then I will take him into Boston Medical Center for extensive testing and hopefully have enough "ammunition" to get him into Landmark. Landmark is my goal for high school.

Faith's having separation issues from me....I expected that. But she told me this "I LOVE 3rd grade mommy and guess what? Ms. S doesn't yell. She might talk sternly but she doesn't yell"!!! Oh, and she got bumped up an entire reading level yesterday!! on the THIRD DAY of School. My daughter,who loves to read, and I was told that "she doesn't read for meaning" and that "she struggles with her reading and it would be in her best interest to be put on and IEP" got bumped up a level on the 3rd day because she has a teacher who doesn't yell. I feel like she lost 2 very important years and I am so bummed! I am hoping she makes gains hand over fist and gets it all back soon. I love 3rd grade too! :)

That's it for now. I am off to clean, grocery shop and play with my kids! Have a great weekend and try to stay dry! :)

Love,
Michelle

2 comments:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

Wow! You have had your hands full. I can't believe Trevor's ears! Poor guy. I am so happy to hear that Faith is doing well and loves Ms. S...I knew she would :) I am sorry to hear about all of Brycen's stress. I hope it gets better for him. Hang in there.

Raising Z and Lil C said...

It's me again :) I gave you an award on my blog today! Consider it a BIG HUG!!! Check it out!