a piece of me is dying.....


Ray and I have had to make a gut wrenching decision this week. Our beloved little furry girl Casper is sick. She needs many surgeries and her quality of life after the surgeries won't be good. She is miserable. So through tons of tears and heartache we have decided to put her down.

I haven't told my kids. I dread it. We have talked extensively with the vet and she feels it's best for Casper.....and so do we. But my heart is breaking.

In the past 11 months she has become part of me. She follows me everywhere. She is my shadow and my blanket at night, she keeps me company during the day and she is truly a joy in my life.

She is in incredible pain. She has massive bladder stones, a broken cruciax tendon, lesions all over her skin, allergies to everything. She is miserable. The medicines aren't working and it's not fair.

We adopted a very sick girl and I can't make her suffer for my own selfish reasons. Tomorrow at 11:00 a.m she will go to doggy heaven and take a piece of me with her. My she find, peace and most of all comfort. I never realized how much you could love an animal until her. She is our first family pet and losing her is killing me.

Please think of us and especially her tomorrow.

Love,
michelle

No comments: